Deciding that you want to build a website is only half the battle. The next half is knowing how you want your website to be built. With all the web-design services out there, how can you know which one would work best for you? Sure, some might look sleek, but how’s their customer support after launch? Or, do they offer the compatibility you need to make your online store work? How does the backend of the site operate? We here at Wingman have done some of the legwork for you and have laid out some affordable website options for your up and coming business:
- They offer sleek, modern, award-winning design templates.
- Every template is mobile responsive, and will look great across all your customer’s devices.
- It’s very simple and intuitive to use. If you can use a mouse, you can use Squarespace.
- Certain plans come with an unlimited number of pages and unlimited storage.
- 24/7 customer support
- Very limited in its customization with very few features.
- Online payment is only accepted through Stripe which isn’t accepted in many countries.
- Limited in the number of products you’re able to sell based on the subscription level purchased.
Squarespace provides professional grade design that’s very user-friendly. But, what you get in Squarespace’s sleekness and usability you end up trading for things like flexibility, customization, and ecommerce. While this might work great for some businesses that offer few products, it wouldn’t work as well for companies that have extensive inventories. Squarespace would work best for businesses that just want a simple website and don’t anticipate needing much else as they grow.
- WordPress is an open-source platform so it’s extremely customizable. If you can think of a feature you want for your page, then there’s probably a WordPress plugin available for it.
- There are thousands of user-created templates to choose from, many of which are free and look great.
- It’s relatively easy to transfer your data to and from different Content Management Systems
- There’s a learning curve to WordPress so it isn’t as user-friendly. A basic understanding of code is probably in order if you’re looking to go this route.
- Everything is up to you on WordPress. If something breaks or doesn’t work, it will be up to you to fix it.
WordPress is an open-source website building platform that is completely customizable. There are a seeming unlimited number of things you can do on a WordPress site, and the template options available are staggering. However, WordPress can be overwhelming, especially to beginners, so it takes a little more than just knowing what you want your website to do to make this option work. WordPress can be a good choice for those that already possess some level of experience with both code and design. But, if either of those terms scare you, you might want to look at some other options before diving in.
- We’re not a template-based web developer. We custom make every website for every client.
- We build relationships with our clients so we can best serve your website and your business.
- Wingman takes care of all your web needs, not just getting you to the launch phase. Through monthly reports, quarterly reviews, scheduled backups, site security, and more, Wingman helps ensure the success of your business’ online presence.
- We offer website refreshes every other year to make sure your site maintains its relevancy in keeping up with modern trends in design and overall functionality.
- We do the heavy lifting for you when it comes to your website to ensure a smooth launch. (We also throw you a party on your launch day.)
- Wingman is dedicated to your business so we offer unparalleled customer support and service. If there’s a problem, we’re there to fix it.
- We care too much.
- Our price tends to make people think there’s a catch. There isn’t.
Unlike many of the other affordable options you can take when building your website, Wingman is completely focused on you. We build and manage custom websites for busy small business owners because we know what running a small business is like. It’s our goal to take the stress out of your website so you can focus on what matters most: growing your business. By taking care of our clients through every step of the design, launch, and maintenance phases, we’re your wingman the whole way through.
If you’re interested in learning more about what Wingman has to offer, let us provide you with a free website review.